Terms and Conditions
For entrants 18 years and over: By completing an entry to a race, I certify I have read and accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event.
For entrants under 18 years: By completing an entry to a race, I certify I am the parent/ guardian of this entrant who is under 18 years and I give my consent for them to participate in this event. I accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event on behalf of the entrant and declare them as capable of completing the distance they have nominated.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Entrants acknowledge that they will only receive a medal if they are registered by the cut off date listed on the organiser’s website and medals are mailed to the address provided on registration.
- Entrants declare that they are physically fit and capable of participating in this event and completing the distance they have nominated. They are not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will prevent participation in this event or will affect their health by participation.
- Entrants acknowledge that this is a virtual run and that the organisers will not track or verify results or provide volunteers, marshals or medical personnel assistance to any entrant.
- Entrants consent to royalty-free use of their name, result, image, photographs, video and comments in any publications and marketing in relation to this event by event organisers.
- Recorded by POW! Virtual Running Ltd. You further consent to receiving information about POW! Virtual Running events and special offers and promotions.
- Entry is only valid for the details listed on the entry form and is not transferable.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, entrants release event organisers, from all claims connected with participation. Entrants indemnify the event organiser, sponsors, volunteers, and employees involved in this event directly or indirectly against all liability for any and all injury, loss or damage connected with the entrant’s participation.
- For an entry to be valid, entrants must complete the entry form, and pay the required entry fee prior to the commencement of the event
- By entering this event, entrants consent to their personal information being used by POW! Virtual Running Ltd. for media publication and announcement of results.
- Entrants accept that participation in this event is at their own risk and they accept that participating in this event may involve real risk of injury or death.
- Entrants acknowledge they will participate and complete their nominated distance in a manner chosen by them, at locations chosen by them and at their own risk.
- Entrants acknowledge that should they withdraw for a non-medical reason, the entry fee is non-refundable.
- Entrants acknowledge that the entry fee for the space in the race and not to ‘purchase’ the race medal. The medal is a reward for all completing entrants in the allocated time.
- The price of your entry is inclusive of VAT. The race entry is £10. VAT is charged at 20% (£2) so the total price of a race will be £12.
- Entrants acknowledge that by entering into a race and providing an email address through PayPal they will be added to our mailing list. Entrants can unsubscribe from the mailing list at any point by contacting the administrators.
From time to time we will hold competitions across our social media platforms. When a competition is across all of our platforms, one winner will be chosen from all entries relied, regardless of which platform entered from. Winners will be announced across all platforms and will receive there prize within 28 days of notification.
SPOT PRIZE COMPETITIONS
From time to time we will also announce that spot prizes are being given for a specific reason i.e running a certain distance, or wearing fancy dress. These competitions will not be announced across our social media platforms. If you win a spot prize you will receive it with your medal for the race.
IMAGES AND LICENSING
All of our images used on our finisher medals are either:
a. Drawn by a member of our affiliated design team (the company 'Waters Creative Ltd' will be credited in the description of the races' OR
b. Have been acquired by purchase of enhanced licence by the owner of the image through shutter stock.com or similar (Also credited in race description)
For a full use of enhanced licences that are used for our medals please visit here
All of our medals are intended as parody, caricature and pastiche, as set out in Section 30A and Schedule 2 (2A) of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. Our medals are NOT affiliated or created by any other organisation other than POW! Virtual Running Ltd or those names in section (b)
If evidence is not submitted by the end of the calendar month that your race is in you will not receive your medal.
Thank you for choosing POW! Virtual Running Ltd. The Web Site is operated by POW! Virtual Running Ltd (registered in England and Wales under the number 10049388) with our registered office at 62 Gelli Aur, Treboeth, Swansea, SA59DG.